Since I first found out I was pregnant I have wanted to homeschool our children. I don't know if it has more to do with me not wanting to miss out on many of their learning moments or me just wanting to know, and have control over, exactly what they are learning. I am a type A personality, and I like to have everything ordered and scheduled. While this brings about many benefits, I have also found that it is quite impractical in the beginning stages of preschooling a 2-1/2 year old. Yes, I was that mother who sat her 2 year old down every day for an hour and tried to teach some basic learning skills (letters, numbers, colors). While my son did enjoy it and did sit through most of the sessions, I just came to feel uneasy about it. I started to feel like we should be enjoying this more. I wanted to instill in him a love of learning not a sense of duty to get through it. I have determined to take a more relaxed approach to his preschool, at least at this early stage, and enjoy our learning moments together. With this blog, I plan to chronicle this journey together as I seek to understand his learning style and his strengths while being a blessing and testimony to him.
"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6
I think you will enjoy blogging about his preschool at home. Life is chaotic at our house and learning happens when we can fit it in for a few minutes. Blogging has helped me feel like we have actually accomplished something and it will also be a wonderful keepsake of our journey. Good luck with your little one!
ReplyDelete